Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update!

I really need to keep up with my blog. I have the time - just not the motivation.

I closed on my house in New Orleans yesterday. So, that's it. My final anchor to NOLA is gone. I'm happy the house sold, don't get me wrong, but I'm sad, too. It was a beautiful, great house.

When I move back to NOLA, though, I won't own property. Too much heartache. Renting will do.

Signed up for Brightkite today. Seems interesting. We'll see how it goes.

I'm supposed to go to a Twappyhour tomorrow evening at the Iron Horse Hotel in the Valley. Cori is supposed to be there, too, and I think I got Chuck to go, so at least I'll know 2 people. I'm kind of abashed when it comes to meeting new people. Wish I had business cards of my own. I should have thought of it sooner. Oh, well - I'll give out the Via 1 ones, and that'll have to do.

What else? Hmmm.....

Still looking for a "real" job, or at least more Copywriting opportunities. Got just one assignment in the past month, and that's not good.

I sent out the invitation e-mail for my 40th birthday in New Orleans. It's also a combination Tweetup and Fark party. I've rec'd 2 "maybe", 2 "no", and 5 "yes" so far. And that's not including all my friends that are coming that live in New Orleans.
I'm really excited about the hotel group rate I got at Avenue Garden Hotel on St.Charles. First, it's one of my favorite hotels in New Orleans, second, it's only a couple blocks from Lucky's, where the party will be. $69/night is an awesome deal anywhere, but especially in New Orleans.
Hey - anyone reading my blog - you're invited, too. Just ask for "Christin's Party rate" when you book. The party is on Saturday, Dec. 6th. The rate is good from Dec 1 - Dec 8. Avenue Garden Hotel phone number is 504.521.8000.

I like explaining to people outside of New Orleans that yes...when I say the party is all day/all night, I mean it. Lucky's never closes. They are open 24/7/365. I've had a few people express shock at this situation. It makes me laugh.

Oh - I got an early Christmas present. Tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Dec. 11 (I think) in Milwaukee. Awesome! I've always wanted to see them. Mary & Ron bought them for me. :)

2 comments:

Andrew Clarke said...

Hi, since your profile says: "Just give me a book, willya.." I wonder if I can suggest one to try. "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is an adventure fantasy which you can preview by reading the sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like checking it out. Best wishes, whatever happens.

Greta Perry said...

Want to be on my radio show that Saturday morning at 9:00? It will be fun.